two years probation. that's what i could get for taking this table off somebody's lawn if it wasn't meant to be taken.
after some debate jenn and i decided that it was closer to the curb than to the house and that constitutes 'out for garbage'. plus, it was quite dusty so i didn't care for the way they looked after this wonderful little thing. the house also had a charming chair out front but since it was on the porch and had a half read paperback on it jenn put her foot down and decided the chair was not up for grabs... or debate.

Lol! Love the table!
ReplyDeletesigh... i have that same internal debate every weekend..."omg is it up for grabs?" "No, Krystie, its just a family that likes to entertain outside, put that chaise lounge back on their lawn". lol. i totally feel you. this is a score though!
ReplyDeleteAgree, the table is cute :D
ReplyDeletehaha that title and first line made me laugh. well worth it though if you had been caught! i love this style of table.
ReplyDeleteGood find with that table! And good call on the chair. :)
ReplyDeletehaha. Good thing you didn't get caught. I can just see them, "wait come back here with my under-appreciated table"
ReplyDeleteSuzzie V
www.svsmiles.blogspot.com
I LOVE pulling furniture from the trash. Anytime we drive by trash with furniture in it I make my husband go by for a second time and he always tries to get me to stop but I love finding treasures!
ReplyDeletenaughty... that's a great find though. :)
ReplyDelete♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com
LOL that story is hilarious. I love it. Cute find too!
ReplyDeleteHAhahahaha, well if it wasnt being taken care of then I'm sure it appreciates its new home much more.
ReplyDeletei like to think so! =)
ReplyDeletegotta love the thrill of the hunt. but the thrill of the find is so much better!
ReplyDeletethis comment made me laugh over and over again! thanks for that.
ReplyDeleteyes. jenn is a good friend and a wonderful influence. =)
ReplyDeletecan you believe i actually did the research to come up with that sentence? true story. =)
ReplyDeletei love the colour most of all.
ReplyDeletei can live without the chair knowing that i rescued that table from the refuse pile. but next time i'm in that neighbourhood you better believe i'm driving by slowly.
ReplyDeletethanks! i thought you may appreciate a found treasure. ;)
ReplyDeleteteehee... i'm 99% sure it was at the curb for refuse but i like to think i live on the edge. rebel!
ReplyDeletethanks, sarah. that means a lot coming from someone so good with the words. =)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I think you are totally right - fair game! Glad you went for it. It's amazing.
ReplyDeletexo,
Sarah
Totally saw a mid-century modern end table just like this on a lawn in my neighbourhood! A couple weeks ago, when I was out for a jog...The corners weren't rounded though, and it had these metal handlebar looking things on it. I still regret not picking it up and jogging home with it!
ReplyDeletenext time, do not even hesitate! it's like when you're at the thrift store... throw it all in the cart and edit at the end. regret is the worst! xoxo
ReplyDeletethank you, sarah! fair game, indeed.
ReplyDeleteHehe, love it! I'm glad it found a good home!
ReplyDelete