Monday

books and tea do not make for a boring post

the holiday weekend has passed and it was goo-ud!  of course, you saw in {yesterday's post} that i won the giveaway from 'adventures in love and happiness'{have you checked out cole's blog yet?  because you should.}  that was awesome!

it totally makes tea taste better
otherwise the weekend was spent gorging myself on great food {another post to come from ladies night uptown with some serious food porn, promise!} naps, reading, dripping noses, more naps, some working, more food and oodles and oodles of tea from my new 'keep calm' mug.  vheobe and i had an adventure last week at the book store and they got me at the cash desk!  damn you, smart retailers.
'chapters' was having an wicked sale so i stocked up on some newer novels i haven't been able to find at the thrifts yet.  my beloved 'living, etc.' uk import, the first 'hunger games' paperback and nick hornby's 'juliet, naked'.  i have always loved hornby {'high fidelity' is one of my all time favorites} so i was sure i would enjoy 'juliet'.  nothing prepared me, however, for how much i love it!  then again, why am i surprised?  at the bookstore i opened to a random page and read;
"you can only honestly say that you've never heard anybody call you a wanker before.  i'll bet it's happened.  don't you ever read the internet?  actually, i know you do.  that's how we met."
yes?  yes!
as for books i am loving some of the best six hours of my life were spent with 'the hunger games.'  invite me to your book club because i so badly want to talk about this book and no one i know has read it yet! 
seriously, message me. 
{on that same note do not message me with any nonsense messages about my beloved 'keep calm' meme.  i don't need your negative overused blah blah hipster blah blah played out blah blahgity blah.  keep it to yourself.  but if you wanna tell me that you like it i'll gladly accept that!}

12 comments:

  1. I'll never get sick of KCACO!  it is sometimes over used, but we don't have to buy it all  And it is perfect on a mug.  I bet it does make tea taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Keep Calm too! And I LOVE Nick Hornby! I have probably read High Fidelity 30 times :) Thanks for the tip on Juliet! I need a new book once I finish "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Series.  I hear so many people talk about The Hunger Games! I haven't read it though... actually, I thought it was a TV show ;) But I will put it on my list and then we can discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky Stets7/05/2011

    Holla! I'm glad you liked the Hunger Games! Keep reading the rest of the series. I just finished the third book this weekend and I was sad it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful weekend  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh yes. love me some hunger games :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. every time i pour i keep hearing my gran quip "it got us through the war, it did" in her adorable english chime. it reminds me of when we were kids and she would let us have 'milky tea'... a mug of milk with a splash of tea.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have only read book one of 'dragon tattoo' because i have not been able to thrift any others. and no one i know has books two and three of 'hunger games' {or if they do they are not owning up! jerks!} because we don't have the paperbacks in canada yet and they are wicked pricey. but if you wanna talk about the first books in the series, holla at ya girl!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've heard there is some serious controversy coming but i won't know until i am able to thrift the hardcovers of books two and three or somebody i know feels wicked generous and buys them for me. i can't wait until they are available in paperback.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. the allergies sucked but i shook my fist at them and loved everything else! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's no harry potter but it is some serious awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gonna go have a cup of tea now haha.  I think as a British person my blood type is actually T positive haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am currently fighting off a sore throat by murdering some strong earl grey from one of my coronation street mugs. my thoughts are with you... in a non creepy way, though. =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.