Wednesday

we fear change


jenn and i stepped out on a hot saturday afternoon and treated ourselves to an ice cream date at the newly opened 'cold stone creamery'.  the concept seemed pretty cool - choose your ice cream and then up to three additions from the selection they had available.  they then mix it all together for you by hand on a cold marble slab.  soooo... like a dq 'blizzard' or a mcdonalds 'mcflurry' but for more money?  yep.



anywhooo...  the shop was charming and immaculately clean.  and it wasn't too expensive at all.  it was a cool treat on a muggy afternoon and the company and conversation was fantastic.
but we definitely both agreed that next time would be all about the dairy queen.  i guess we fear change.  or just really love us some blizzards.

6 comments:

  1. jrbrack4078/10/2011

    I absolutely LOVE Coldstone! I don't go there often because of the price, but some of their flavors are worth the trip at times! And Dairy Queen? I could live on their twist ice cream! It's THE best soft serve around in my opinion!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!  This is great.  Coldstone is delicious although they seemed to have closed down all of the ones close to here recently.  Dairy Queen Blizzards can't be beat though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Coldstone! And I don't have any Dairy Queens near me so I can't compare them, but I would go to Coldstone pretty much anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of their flavours did sound pretty good! if i am in the area again i would not say no to trying another flavour. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. dairy queen = two thumbs up. coldstone = one thumb up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. any flavour reccomendations for me? mine was a little 'meh'. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.