Tuesday

becky, b is for becky


i stumbled across becky's blog and was instantly sucked in by her tagline  "awesomeness like this isn't born every day".  today she has been awesome enough to guest post for us.  thanks, becky!  {also, if you can look me in the eye and tell me that becky doesn't have the most amazing infectious smile i will call you a darn liar.  just saying.}





Hi everyone! I’m Becky from B is for Becky. I’m guest posting here for Chrissy today on a topic we both frequently discuss and love, books! I have a goal to read 50 books this year. My current count is 31, so I have a bit to go to hit my goal by the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed for me please. Most of my reads from this year have been series. I don’t know about you but I am a big fan of book series. Sometimes I’m not ready to let characters go after just one novel. You are invested with these characters and just like movies or television series my heart breaks a little when they are over. Let’s talk about some series that have had me sucked in this year.







1.  Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris
Also known as the Southern Vampire Series or True Blood Series. Oh, yes. This is a gift that keeps on giving! I think we are up to the eleventh novel that was released this year and that is fine with me. I love the hijinks and relationships that Sookie gets into. There is some mystery and some blood sucking involved. A little something for everyone.
2.  Immortals Series by Alyson Noel
I am currently in the last book to this series. I’m excited to know the end but also a little sad to see it go. A six book tale of Ever and Damian, who are immortal and their love that has lasted a couple of life times. Really though it’s not that simple and Ever really screws up. Like a lot.
3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I couldn’t read this trilogy fast enough, I loved these books. I felt like I was in the action along with Katniss and Peeta. Plus, these are the only books that all members of my book club have finished. Holla!
4. City of Bones books by Cassandra Clare
Shadow hunters kicking evil demons' butts, some twisted love triangles, and daddy issues. Daddy issues always lead to a good twist to a story. I think there are more books to come. Can’t wait! If you like this series then check out The Clockwork Angel, a new series also about shadow hunters - just a different era. It’s the first book out to the series and it is promising.
5. Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Shiefvater
I liked this series but my favorite book was the first book, Shiver. For once there is a strong female character. Grace wasn’t a wishy-washy, and makes really bad decisions as a lead woman like in most of the books I have been reading. Oh, and you might want Sam to write a song about you too.

Do you have any favorite series I should check out? Stop by and tell me about them!

editor's note {that's me, on account of it being my blog and all}: i was so intrigued by becky's description of the "city of..." series i went ahead and looked up the author.  follow this link and i promise you will be wanting to get in on this book action as well.

there is always room at the party if you would like to guest post here at the happie.  email me at misschrissyg@yahoo.ca if you want to hang with the cool kids.





2 comments:

  1. I love this post!

    This isn't exactly a series, but I love anything and everything by Sarah Dessen. All of her books are separate, but you'll see hints at past-book characters in newer books and little references. And she's an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go through my Kindle list, but I have been loving the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, also Sixty-One Nails and The Road to Bedlam by Mike Shevdon. I love Cassandra Clare's books: Chrissy come visit my library, if you don't already - I have these in paper format. Anything by Cherie Priest is a good read - she's got a Steampunk novel. Rachel Vincent's "Reaper" series is a good read as well. Mike cashed in his Aeroplan miles for Chapter's certificates - I'm going shopping!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.